We have developed this alternative learning programme for artists aged 18 to 25 years to test new approaches and ideas through workshops and talks, whilst also having time to develop their own work. This year AMPlify will take place as a hybrid programme, with an initial residency at Wysing in October followed by online sessions.
- This residency is for artists aged between 18–25 years.
- We are keen to support artists who have not previously had access to similar opportunities.
- Artists who want to test and share their ideas with others.
- Artists looking for inspiration to create new work.
- We will be looking to develop a group of artists working across a range of creative practice with an emphasis on digital media and games.
- Artists will be expected to attend all the group sessions.
What you will get out of it:
- Have access to some of the most exciting contemporary artists working today who have experience in teaching.
- Participate in mentoring opportunities.
- Develop your ideas and create new work to showcase on WysingBroadcasts.Art
- Develop knowledge of contemporary art practice with a focus on digital media and games.
- Meet and experiment with peers in a supportive environment.
- Have the opportunity to work towards a Gold Arts Award.
14 October, 3–5pm, introductory session, online
22–24 October, residency at Wysing including workshops 1 and 2
25 November, 3–5.30pm, workshop 3, online
16 December, 3 –5.30pm, workshop 4, online
20 December, mentors chosen and allocated
6 January, mentoring session information and next steps
January – March, three 1-2-1 mentoring sessions to take place between artists, arranged individually
31 March, deadline to send through completed final work
14 April, deadline to send through completed showcase of final work
28 April, 7–8pm, online showcase of final work on WysingBroadcasts.Art
In addition to these sessions we will encourage participating artists to collaborate through informal online sharing sessions over Discord and Zoom.
Uma Breakdown, click here to view their artist biography.
Dylan Fox, click here to view their artist biography.
Carl Gent, click here to view their artist biography.
Rebekah Ubuntu, click here to view their artist biography.