Wysing Arts Centre, on the outskirts of the village of Bourn in Cambridgeshire, hosts a diverse range of artists from across the world who relocate to our rural site; from a short weekend visit through to staying over a period of months. This may include groups of up to ten artists alongside individuals. We provide accommodation, studio space and funding so that artists can work from Wysing to develop their practices, ideas and projects. Our five bedroomed, 17th century farmhouse, Wysing Grange, is at the heart of the site. Wysing Grange is also rented out commercially.
To keep up to date with opportunities at Wysing please subscribe to our e-bulletin, here.
We are looking for a Housekeeper/Caretaker to look after the farmhouse; to ensure it is kept to a high standard of cleanliness, and to provide a hosting role in caring for artists during their time at Wysing. The role is responsible for cleaning, making beds and laundry, and for providing a warm welcome to artists and the public staying in the house.
The role also supports the Site and Technical Manager to ensure the farmhouse and wider site is well maintained and safe for artists and visitors to enjoy.
For the full information pack about the role, please click here.
To apply via Submittable, please click here.
The deadline for applications is midnight on Thursday 18 July 2019.
- We have a canteen area that serves the wider site, this could be developed into a café.
- Provide Reception duties and weekend reception cover during periods when our gallery is open to the public.
- Support family workshop and youth arts programmes.
- Provide support to the Site and Technical Manager with site maintenance and gallery installations.
- Provide support to the Site and Technical Manager with room preparation and set-up.
- Provide support with aspects of site and land management.
- If needed, we are able to provide onsite accommodation at a subsidised rent.
- If needed, we are able to provide an onsite studio at a subsidised rent.