- An appreciation of Wysing’s role within the visual arts sector.
- Understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of Trusteeship and adhering to Nolan’s seven principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership.
- Commitment to Wysing’s objectives, aims and values and willingness to devote time to carry out responsibilities.
- Strategic and forward looking vision in relation to Wysing’s objectives and aims.
- Good, independent judgement, political impartiality and the ability to think creatively in the context of the organisation and external environment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to respect the confidences of colleagues.
- Balancing tact and diplomacy with willingness to challenge and constructively criticise.
- Have skills and expertise in any of the following areas, or others that may compliment our Board:
1) Accessibility and inclusion
2) Commercial strategy, ideally in the area of maximising and generating revenue for a venue, site or arts organisation
3) Environmental sustainability
4) Compliance monitoring